01/09/2016 0 Comments
Pain Due to a Car Accident
Goals physiotherapy can help you achieve
No matter the extent of your injury, you want to feel like your old self again. Physiotherapy at an Ottawa clinic can help you recover more quickly and efficiently. Some of the goals we can help you achieve include:
- Resuming the routines and rituals you had prior to the accident
- Reducing or eliminating pain
- Restoring movement and flexibility
- Building strength
How it works
When you first come in, we begin by making a thorough assessment of your current condition. We can detect strains and sprains you yourself aren’t even aware of yet. We’ll also ask you lots of questions to get a sense of what your physical condition was like prior to the injury. Together, we’ll make a plan to optimize your healing process. Our approach to physio at our Ottawa facility will likely include the following:
- The use of hot and cold treatments to help reduce inflammation, especially in the beginning.
- Prescribed stretches that you’ll do every day to build up flexibility.
- Range of motion exercises to increase your movability.
- Strength-building exercises to grow your physical capacity
- The use of other therapies such as shockwave therapy to speed up the healing process
All the health professionals at our Ottawa clinic are caring, highly qualified individuals dedicated to helping you achieve the best possible outcome. A range of treatments are available to you at our facility including physio, shockwave therapy, acupuncture and massage therapy. Our commitment to friendly service will make you feel at ease while our individualized approach to your unique needs ensures the best approach is used for you to recover from your injury.
Contact us to schedule an appointment and start feeling better today.